Monday, October 1, 2007

Writing Novel Idea : Tim Bowler

Writing Novel Idea : Tim Bowler

Tim Bowler is a winner of the Carnegie Medal award which written many great books. The book that seems to appeal to me very much is the book name shadows unlike the any other book around. This book is really stress on emotion of the main character. He put in fear, pain, cold and many feeling in it which is the very important point in writing good novel.

It depend upon your story or your theme in the way you progress you main plot. If you are using main character to progress your story, I recommend you to read one of Tim's books. He can express the emotion of the character very good. It's good to look the other people works and get learned, especially the great one.

I have to tell you one important thing when you have to do something, no matter it is for writing or not. You have to put your feeling right into your work. It will make it better. If you do it with no feeling or inspiration, your work is the same. In the Shadows I describe above, I have felt many feeling in it. The moment I skimmed through the few first pages, I got hooked by it.

The idea I'm going to share for you is, try to write a story about a man. You'll make him alive. He will be angry, sad, happy, fear, doubt, anxious or everything you can put in him. I once heard from someone that in every character of the story express the emotion of the writer. One man can express many emotion and feeling. You can get used of it too.

If you like this post, please make a comment to me. I'll be glad :)

2 comments:

Vivienne said...

Hello, I agree with you. Characters' emotions are a very important part of every story. I will have to look for Tim Bowler's book. It sounds great.

Poom said...

Yeah, You sure know it, Vienne.

Every single human on this planet express their emotion in everything they do in their life.

walking, talking, etc.

Put in some emotional sentence will make the novel much more living.

Thank for the comment!