Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Snowflake Method for Writing a Novel




Now come with the method for Writing a Novel it called "The Snowflake Method" sounds cool, right? let's get going !

The Snowflake Method for Writing a Novel
Feeling overwhelmed with trying to write your novel and get it organized? That happens a lot. Writing a novel is easy. Writing a good novel is hard. That's just life. If it were easy, we'd all be writing best-selling, prize-winning fiction.Frankly, there are a thousand different ways to write a novel. The best one for you is the one that works for you. In this article, I'd like to share with you what works for me. This page is the most popular one on my web site, and gets hundreds of page views per day, so you can guess that a lot of people find it useful. But you may not, and that's fine by me. Look it over, decide what might work for you, and ignore the rest! If it makes you puke, I won't be insulted. Different writers are different. If my methods get you rolling, I'll be happy. I'll make the best case I can for my way of organizing things, but you are the final judge of what works best for you. Have fun!

The Importance of Design: Good fiction doesn't just happen, it is designed. You can do the design work before or after you write your novel. I've done it both ways and I strongly believe that doing it first is quicker and leads to a better result.

A Metaphor for Design: How do you design a novel? In my day job, I'm a software architect designing large software
projects. I write fiction the same way I write software, using the "snowflake metaphor". OK, what's the snowflake metaphor? read more>>

You can read all of the article
Resource:http://www.rsingermanson.com/html/the_snowflake.html

0 comments: